Choose a Scuba Watch That is Rugged and Reliable
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Scuba Computers and other Scuba Diving topics.
What kind of features should I expect in a dive watch.
Scuba computers go by a lot of names: dive computers, dive watches, decompression meters, scuba watches. But they all have the same primary function: They measure the time and depth of dives to calculate a safe ascent.
Here are some features to look for in a dive computer watch:
- Dive watches need to be made of titanium or another noncorrosive material.
- The buttons must be big enough to be handled by a diver wearing gloves.
- The watch needs to be rugged and able to resist the wear and tear of an underwater dive. The watch face should be scratch-resistant.
- Make sure the scuba watch you buy can go to the depths you dive.
- The dial, settings and numbers need to be illuminated and easily seen from a foot away underwater.
- The wrist band should have a strong clasp that is not prone to breaking.